Whatever hack I set up, whichever tool I create, never ever release it without creating whatever kind of interface is needed by the people who will be administering the hack! Too often now, I’ve set up some kind of processing by having the odd LDAP attribute type added to a person’s directory entry. Instead of investing an additional bit of time to create an interface with which “ops” people can add that attribute, I’m left to do do the ldapmodify. Ad nauseam. Back in the good old days when people still used CLI it was easy to whip up a small shell script which took care of it. With today’s Web-2.0 wiz-bang stuff, it takes more time, which is why I’m often too lazy to do it. Never again.